Advisory and Governance Board
Cork Cancer Research Centre (CCRC) is a translational health research centre within the College of Medicine and Health, University College Cork and works with all four teachings hospitals in Cork (Mercy University Hospital, Cork University Hospital, Bon Secours Cork and South Infirmary & Victoria University Hospital).
The Advisory and Governance Board of the Cork Cancer Research Centre encompass a group of highly dedicated individuals with diverse backgrounds who bring expertise and passion to the Centre's mission. They meet throughout the year.
- Prof. Brendan Buckley
- Prof. John Higgins
- Prof. Mary Cahill - Acting Director
- Prof. Caitriona O'Driscoll
- Mr. Bryan Mohally
- Prof. Seamus O'Reilly
- Dr. Declan Soden (General Manager of Cork Cancer Research Centre)
The Scientific Advisory Board
The Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) annually reviews the work of the CCRC to provide advice to the Governance Board on key scientific strategy and policy issues. This Advisory Board reports to the Centre Director and is made up of world class scientific advisors who provide additional guidance and expertise to all researchers employed by the centre.
The SAB has the following members:
- Dr. Owen O’Connor (Professor of Medicine and Experimental Therapeutics, and the Director of the Center for Lymphoid Malignancies, and Co-Program Director of the Lymphoid Development and Malignancy Program in the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center at Columbia University Medical Center)
- Dr. Kevin Harrington (Professor of Biological Cancer Therapies at The Institute of Cancer Research (ICR), and Joint Head of the ICR’s Division of Radiotherapy and Imaging, and Honorary Consultant Clinical Oncologist at The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, UK)
- Dr. Michael Goggins (Professor of Pathology, Medicine and Oncology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, USA)
- Elaine Brennan (Managing Director of Pharma Ventures at North Shore-LIJ, Former SVP of Life Sciences at Enterprise Ireland)
- Antoine Yver (VP Head of Oncology Global Medicines Development and Lead China Global Medicines Development, AstraZeneca USA)
- Prof. Martin Clynes (Director of the National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology DCU Ireland)
- Prof. Joseph Scandura (Associate Professor of Medicine, Joan and Sanford I. Weill Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College USA)