University College Cork (UCC) has recently developed a comprehensive governance model for all research institutes, centres and units. Under the leadership of the interim director, Prof. Mary Cahill, the centre is currently realigning its structures to align with this model. As this process moves forward we will be regularly updating the website.
The Scientific Advisory Board
The Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) annually reviews the work of the CCRC to provide advice to the Governance Board on key scientific strategy and policy issues. This Advisory Board reports to the Interim Director and is made up of world class scientific advisors who provide additional guidance and expertise to all researchers employed by the centre.
The SAB until 2017 had the following members:
- Dr. Owen O’Connor (Professor of Medicine and Experimental Therapeutics, and the Director of the Center for Lymphoid Malignancies, and Co-Program Director of the Lymphoid Development and Malignancy Program in the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center at Columbia University Medical Center)
- Dr. Kevin Harrington (Professor of Biological Cancer Therapies at The Institute of Cancer Research (ICR), and Joint Head of the ICR’s Division of Radiotherapy and Imaging, and Honorary Consultant Clinical Oncologist at The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, UK)
- Dr. Michael Goggins (Professor of Pathology, Medicine and Oncology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, USA)
- Elaine Brennan (Managing Director of Pharma Ventures at North Shore-LIJ, Former SVP of Life Sciences at Enterprise Ireland)
- Antoine Yver (Global Head, Oncology Research and Development, Daiichi Sankyo )
- Prof. Martin Clynes (Director of the National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology DCU Ireland)
- Prof. Joseph Scandura (Associate Professor of Medicine, Joan and Sanford I. Weill Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College USA)