CancerResearch@UCC, with interim director Professor Mary Cahill is hosting a workshop in Cork entitled: ‘Overcoming Obstacles in Biobanking for Translational Cancer Research‘ on Tuesday the 20th of November, 2018 in G.04, Brookfield Health Sciences Complex, UCC.
The workshop will be interactive, consisting of a combination of presentations and breakout sessions.
Contributors will include:
- Professor Joe Eustace, Director of the HRB Clinical Research Facility, University College Cork
- Professor Eoin Gaffney, Medical Director, Biobank Ireland Trust
- Dr Eva Szegezdi, Director of the Blood Cancer biobank Ireland
- Ms Emma Snapes, Biobank Manager, INFANT Centre, University College Cork
- Dr Sharon McKenna, Principal Investigator, CancerResearch@UCC, University College Cork
- Prof Elisabeth Vandenberghe, Consultant Haematologist, St James Hospital
- Mr Jason Carr, CEO Supretecbox
- Professor Louise Burke, Consultant Histopathologist, Cork University Hospital
The aim of this event is to bring together multidisciplinary clinicians and researchers to discuss the obstacles encountered in biobanking for translational cancer research, and to identify methods to overcome these.
For further information please contact Dr. Frances Drummond at email@example.com.