The facilities at Cork Cancer Research Centre include:
In Vivo Imaging Suite
- IVIS Lumina Pre-clinical in Vivo Imaging System; photographic, bioluminescent, fluorescent imaging (PerkinElmer)
- Tissue Processing: LOGOS J – Microwave Hybrid Tissue Processor (Milestone Srl.); benchtop, compact, flexible load, rapid tissue processor.
- Tissue Embedding: Tissue-Tek® TEC™ 5 (Sakura); single workstation that enables both specimen orientation and paraffin embedding.
- Tissue Cutting: Rotary Microtome (pfm medical); precise tissue cutting for slide preparation.
- Tissue Staining: Linistain GLX Linear Stainer (Shandon); conveyer system to stain slides consistently.
- BD LSRII Flow Cytometer (BD Biosciences); Cell Sorting with the aid of a multi-laser benchtop flow cytometer.
Pre-Clinical Oncology Models
- access to a small animal handling facility coupled to an expertise in culturing and developing pre-clinical tumour models.
- Electroporation based medical devices
- Endoscopic and Laparoscopic design and development expertise.
- Extensive treatment expertise in both human and veterinary setting.
- Extensive network of scientists and clinicians
- Nationally and internationally based.